Brain Regulation of Emotions and Thoughts (BREATHE)
Purpose: The BREATHE research study would like to test how brain function is related to risk for bipolar disorder and whether four weeks of regular mindfulness practice can change brain function and mood symptoms.
Who can participate:
- children between 10 and 15 years old who have
- a parent or sibling with bipolar disorder and
- have not been diagnosed with bipolar disorder
- do not have braces
What does the study involve:
- At least one assessment of mood symptoms
- Questionnaires in person and online
- At least one MRI scan
- OPTIONAL: 4-week Daily Mindfulness App
If you are interested in hearing more about this study and would like to see if you are eligible, please call the study coordinator (412) 527-6231 or Email.